WHAT IS THE RE-HOMING PROCESS?
WE RE-HOME ALL OUR ANIMALS ON A MONITORED LOAN, THIS HELPS BOTH HORSE AND HOME AS WE ARE HERE TO HELP, GUIDE AND MOST IMPORTANTLY SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR NEW FRIEND.
1. Have a read through our equine’s profiles to find the most suitable match for you.
2. Read through what we ideally will look for in a home for our ponies.
3. Fill out the loan application form found on our website or e-mail us for a copy.
4. Wait for our response and feel free to e-mail us with any additional questions.
5. We will get in touch with you regarding your match and arrange a home visit before meeting the agreed equine.
6. If your home visit goes well, we can then move forward to you meeting your chosen animal, making sure you are happy with the horse and the horse is happy with you.
We will do a settling in visit 2-4 weeks after you bring your equine home and again in 12 weeks. We are always only a phone call away for any questions or support you may need. From then on we will visit you every 9-12months and will keep in touch via phone call or e-mails.
We do this to ensure you are well supported with your new rescue while we are able to take help another welfare case. Ask for a copy of our newsletter for updates!
How much does it cost?
We ask every new home to donate a fee towards the cost of your equine’s care during their stay with us. The fees vary depending on training and the type of pet but here’s a brief guide to help give you an idea:
Please remember, these horses go out on loan with you. Legally the animal will always belong to the sanctuary. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]