THE GIFT OF YOUR TIME
Our fabulous army of volunteers enable us to care for all our rescued horses and ponies as well as help raise essential funds. Join us as a volunteer and you’ll make a valuable contribution to our work and know you’re making a big difference to the lives of equines in need. For most volunteer roles you don’t need horse experience, but you do need a can do attitude, possess initiative and be able to work without supervision. If you’re 18 or over and can commit to helping on a regular basis, please get in touch. We need help with:
• You’ll help with the welfare of the animals by preparing haynets, mucking out and clearing fields.
• If you have horse experience, you’ll help with grooming, turning out, and bringing in.
• You’ll be able to commit to at least one morning per month, on weekdays or weekends.
• Be aware that yard work is physical work so you do need to be reasonably fit.
• If you don’t have experience, you’ll be willing to learn about how to care for horses.
You’ll help visitors enjoy their time at Hope Pastures by serving refreshments, selling gift items and answering questions.
• You’ll enjoy talking to people, be able to use the till, and be willing to learn about the work of Hope Pastures so you can pass on your knowledge to visitors.
• You’ll be able to commit to one or more weekend morning or afternoon shifts per month.
• Full training is provided.
• Our popular birthday parties for children last for two hours and take place at weekends.
• As a party helper, you’ll accompany children on a tour, help them with an activity, and handle a well-mannered pony while children do brushing.
• You need to feel confident around both children and ponies. Although some pony handling experience is preferred, we can provide training if needed.
• You’ll be able to commit to at least one party per month.
• During school holidays, we run mid-week Pony Days that last from 10am to 3pm.
• You’ll be available for the whole time, at least once during each school holiday.
• You’ll help the children get the most out of their time with us, assisting with various pony related activities.
• Experience with ponies is helpful but not essential.
• You’ll enjoy working with children and being outdoors.
• Full training is provided.
• We receive lots of donations of used rugs, tack, yard equipment and riding gear.
• Anything we can’t use at Hope Pastures is sold at our regular Tack Sales to raise much needed funds.
• We need volunteers to help sort, price and store tack and then help at the Tack Sales.
• You’ll work as part of a committed team and be available mid-week now and again plus on weekends when there’s a Tack Sale.
• We have two fairs here at Hope Pastures every year, as well as a summer Dog Show.
• We also have stalls at external events such as school fairs, at pet shops and at community events.
• We need people willing to set up and run a stall for at least half a day, selling gift items, running a tombola and telling people about Hope Pastures.
Does volunteering with Hope Pastures sounds like something you’d love to do with your spare time? Then fill in the relevant Volunteer Registration Form (click one of the links below) and submit it. We’ll be in touch by email so keep an eye on your inbox. As we have two different induction processes for volunteers who want to work on the yard and volunteers who want to help with all the other roles, please make sure you use the correct form – or both forms if you want to do yard work as well as another role.
Maintaining the sanctuary is like painting the Forth Road bridge – it never stops; so we always have a range of tasks where groups of corporate volunteers can help. These include fence and shelter painting, gardening, barn and site clearance and fence repair. We organise days for groups from 2 people up to 15 (we have lots of jobs!) We even ply you with tea and coffee! Feedback from all of our groups shows they find the day very rewarding. The work done by these teams usually covers a range of large jobs which we’d normally have to pay someone to do, so their contribution is enormous. They directly enable us to make sure that 98p of every £1 donated is spent on our ‘charitable purpose’ and not on maintenance. For more information contact email@example.com.