Rescued & Re-homed Rules and T’s&C’s
As with everything(!), we have some ‘boring bits’ for Rescued & Re-homed which we need you to be aware of.
The Rules and Terms and Conditions of the Series are outlined below – they’re not onerous or scary, but please make sure you’ve read these prior to entering, as your entry assumes you agree to be bound by these.
Rules of the Series
- Any equine (horse, pony, donkey, mule) may be entered.
- The equine may have been officially rescued, bought in a maltreated state (eg from a horse sale or neglectful keeper) or saved from being destroyed by re-training or being taken as a companion. If the equine has been rescued by a charity or the police and then re-homed, the re-homing family can enter the equine.
- At initial entry the entrant’s word regarding the rescue/state of an animal when acquired is taken on trust, but clear before/after photos and comprehensive stories will improve the animal’s chances of winning. For entry to the Series Final, evidence of rescue must be provided (eg photos, provable or confirmed ‘back-story’, videos, testimonials, loan/purchase contracts from charities, other documentation etc).
- Entries are £4 per animal.
- Entries will not be approved and judged until payment has been made. Unpaid entries will be deleted.
- The Series will run from the start of April to the end of September, culminating in a Series Final, announced on 15th October 2016.
- The Series will include:
- A ‘virtual’ showing class running April-September, with the Top 6 entries (from all those entered to date – ie non-winning entries roll over each month) judged at the end of each month and the winners announced before the 10th of the following month.)
- ‘Real’ showing classes, run on an ad hoc basis at local shows.
- Frequency of entry:
- ‘Virtual’ showing classes: one entry per horse/pony. Once a horse/pony is selected in the Top 6 for any month they will qualify immediately for the Series Final and will not be included in future monthly judging.
- ‘Real’ showing classes: a horse/pony may be entered into all the individual ‘real qualifiers’. Details of the shows running qualifiers will be updated on the website and Facebook pages.
- Qualification for the Series Final on 15th October 2016:
- Every month April-September our panel of expert judges will select the ‘Top 6’ animals for that month. The ‘Top 6’ will qualify to enter the ‘Series Final.’
- At each show running a ‘real qualifier’, the Top 6 animals will qualify to enter the Series Final and they will be given a ‘Qualifiers Card’ to prove their eligibility for the Final.
- There will be 12 ‘wild card’ qualifiers selected from the non-qualifying virtual entries. These will be announced on 1st October and have until 5th October to enter.
- Only entries on behalf of individuals (not organisations) are eligible for the Series Final
- Entry to the Series Final
- Entries to the Series Final must be received before 1st October 2016 (5th October for September virtual qualifiers and wild card entries.)
- Entries to the Series Final are £5 per animal.
- How to Enter the Series Final
- Virtual qualifiers: R&R will retain entries from the qualifying round and re-use these in the Final, subject to payment of the £5 Final entry fee by the entrant prior to the 1st October 2016 (5th October for September virtual qualifiers and wild card entries).
- Real qualifiers: the Top 6 from all classes should contact R&R with the details of their animals, their stories and photos and the £5 Final entry fee prior to the 1st October This can be by electronic means or by post. R&R will upload the stories and photos on their behalf.
- The Series Final will be judged w/c 10th October and the results announced on 15th
- At qualifiers, the prizes will be 1st-3rd R&R Country Store vouchers (virtual qualifiers) or cash (real qualifiers). 1st = £20; 2nd = £10; 3rd = £5. Rosettes to 6th
- At the Final: Rosettes and prizes to 8th place, sashes for the Champion and Reserve, £1,350 total prize fund.
- Judges for the virtual qualifiers for 2016 are:
- Louise Kittle, Editor-in-Chief at PONY and Horse & Rider magazines
- Rosemary Hetherington – international showing judge and owner of Sculpture to Wear
- Natalie Duddy – Hope Pastures’ vet
- Sophie Kendrick – Hope Pastures’ yard manager
- Judging for the Series Final is to be confirmed.
- Series Sponsors for 2016 are Horseware, R&R Country Store, Gloabl Herbs Ltd, Paintings with Essence and Turk-quoise Jewellery
Terms and Conditions of Entry
- Your post or entry to the Hope Pastures’ Rescued & Re-homed Showing Series (‘R&R’) is deemed to constitute acceptance of the Rules of the Series (‘the Rules’) and these Terms and Conditions. We assume that by entering the R&R competition you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry, the Rules and these Terms and Conditions.
- Once we have received your R&R entry we reserve the right to display your story and image(s) on our website and/or our social media platforms and to include your story and image(s) in any promotional activity associated with the R&R Series.
- The judges’ decision is final and they are not obliged to give specific feedback on any entry.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to R&R, the decision of the judges shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant if we have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules or these Terms and Conditions
- Inappropriate entries will be deleted.
- We assume no responsibility for images uploaded by competitors. You should ensure you own the copyright of any images entered or have permission to use the photo you are entering. By entering, you are signifying that you DO have permission to use the photo.
Any photographers who dispute image ownership please contact the entrant to resolve the issue. We will not enter into any discussions regarding image copyright, these should be resolved by the photographer & entrant. Images in question will be suspended until any issue is resolved.
- All UK Rosettes and prizes will be despatched using 2nd Class Royal Mail. Please allow up to 28 days for delivery. Prizes for international entries will be delivered Airmail at cost price. We are not responsible for losses in the post.
- The address you provide with your competition entry will be used to send any rosettes and prizes.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. We reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- The ‘Top 3’ animals chosen each month will be displayed on the website and Facebook pages.
- We will NEVER share your data with any third parties.
- We reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition or the Rules without notice.
- Trustees and employees of Hope Pastures and their family are not eligible to enter.