Our Latest Hope Pastures News
Click on the news headlines below to find out more!
Fundraiser Job Description
Join our team:
Hope Pastures rescues, rehabilitates and re-homes horses, ponies and donkeys. Based in Leeds and open free of charge every day, we’re also a centre for the community – a place where people, irrespective of background and ability, can meet the animals, volunteer and learn how to contribute to the community.
A small charity, with a highly committed team of volunteers, trustees and staff, we have few overheads and 95p of every £1 donated to us is spent directly on the animals.
As the sanctuary grows, we now need a fundraiser to join our team and help increase the income needed for both our current responsibilities and our future aims.
|Hours||30 hours per week, with flexibility as to how these are worked throughout each week and will include some weekend hours as required.|
|Purpose of Role||To:|
1. Manage and grow fundraising income from activities both on and off site.
2. Ensure sufficient volunteer support is available as required.
3. Develop relationships with corporate supporters.
4. Increase awareness of Hope Pastures across the community through, for example, presentations to schools and community groups.
5. Ensure administrative systems are in place to underpin all fundraising activities by working closely with the Office Assistant
|Responsible to:||The Trustees|
|You will:||1. Plan and manage fundraising activity and events on site, for example the Dog Show, ensuring all scheduled activity is sufficiently resourced with a team of motivated and committed volunteers and ensuring consistency of brand delivery.|
2. Working with the Office Assistant and Volunteer Co-ordinator, manage off site fundraising activity, for example shows and school fairs, to increase the profile of Hope Pastures
3. Develop existing corporate relationships, for example with those who have experienced a corporate volunteering day at the Sanctuary, to sustain and increase the support we receive.
4. Develop new and existing relationships with schools to sustain and increase their support, for example through our successful Junior Apprentice initiative.
5. Undertake third party presentations and awareness work, for example by visiting schools and community groups, either responding to invitations or initiating these.
6. Work closely with the Office Assistant, providing help and guidance and ensuring the office and telephone are appropriately resourced, liaising for example with on-site bookings to safely maintain and grow a diversity of income streams.
7. Liaise with the Marketing Co-ordinator, Site/Visitor Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Yard team and Trustees to ensure the maximum benefit to Hope Pastures is gained from all activities.
|Essential Skills, Experience and Competences|
|All Hope Pastures’ Team Members Should:||· Uphold Hope Pastures’ values and behave professionally|
· Value equality and diversity and espouse these ideals at work
· Take part in training as required for the role
· Take responsibility for one’s own personal development
· Co-operate with colleagues, encourage positive working relationships and foster a culture of respect and consideration
· Take responsibility for your own and others’ health and safety
· Comply with governance and confidentiality requirements
· Work within Hope Pastures’ agreed policies and procedures
|General:||The role will be a mixture of office-based and “out and about”.|
Working hours will require flexibility to meet the Sanctuary’s needs and will include some weekends throughout the year.
This job description reflects the current requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities develop this may be reviewed.
The post-holder will need to be self-motivated and capable of working alone, as well as part of a small, cohesive team.
|What will make you stand out?||Your understanding and commitment to Hope Pastures’ work, aims and objectives.|
Your desire to work in a team with like-minded people to improve the lives of the animals we care for and the people who visit us.
|How to apply||1. Send the following to Alyson Wort (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the first instance:|
a. Your CV.
b. A covering letter explaining why you’d like to work at Hope Pastures and why you feel you’re right for this role.
2. Provide 2 references (only to be taken up if you are offered the job)
Applications to be received on or before Friday 25th August 2017.
Interviews will be w/c 4th September 2017.